Philoxenia hotel is situated in Keramoti, southeast of Kavala, at the Nestos Delta, just opposite Thassos Island. It is 10 km away from "Alexander the Great" International Airport, 40 km away from both Kavala and Xanthi, 14 km away from Chrissoupoli and 6 nm away from Thassos.
How to reach Keramoti:
- Keramoti can be reached from Athens by airplane on an everyday basis (2 flights daily having a 40 minutes duration) and is linked with all of Europe with a number of weekly flights (both regular and charters).
- Departing from Thessaloniki, you can reach Keramoti, using "Egnatia Road", in an hour and a half.
- Keramoti has an hourly ferry connection to Thassos - a 30 minutes trip in modern ferryboats.
- There is also regular hourly transport from and to Kavala and Xanthi.
See more: Travelling to Thassos
Surroundings and sightseeing
Due to Keramoti's geographic position, Philoxenia Hotel is the ideal base to explore Eastern Macedonia and Thrace:
Areas of different interest for every taste are placed at small distances in the perimeter of Keramoti , daring you to visit them:
- For those who appreciate archaeological sights: Kavala, Philippi, Thassos, Avdira
- For the lovers of nature: Nestos Delta, Nestos Straits, Vistonida Lake, Thassos, Rodopi, Falakro, Pangeo
- For the lovers of mountain: Falakro, Ipsario, Pangeo, Villages of Nestos
- For the lovers of snow: Falakro Drama
- For beautiful beaches: Keramoti, Thassos, Kavala
- For fishing: Keramoti, Thassos
- For cultural activity: Thassos, Kavala, Xanthi, Pomak villages
- For Geocaching players: Keramoti, Nestos Delta, Thassos, Kavala etc.
Sightseeing and special characteristics of every area
» Keramoti - Nestos Delta
» Nestos Straits - Stavroupoli - Villages of Nestos
» Kavala - Philippi
» Falakro Drama - Pangeo
» Xanthi - Avdira - Vistonida Lake - Pomakohoria (Pomak villages)